2. CONTACT DETAILS OF THE CONTROLLER AND THE DATA PROTECTION OFFICER
2.1. Controller The Controller of your personal data is: The Wallonia Export-Investment Agency, public interest organisation 2, Place Sainctelette 1080 Brussels Belgium No 0267.314.479 2.2. Data Protection Officer For any queries, remarks or complaints concerning your rights or the processing of your personal data, please contact the Data Protection Officer with specific details of your request. The AWEX Data Protection Officer can be contacted at the following address: email@example.com.
3. CATEGORIES OF PERSONAL DATA PROCESSED BY AWEX In the frame of its missions, AWEX is required to process the following personal data: Identification data: surname, first name, postal address, telephone numbers, email address, copy of identity card and/or passport (only for certain collective commercial prospecting actions), photo (only for producing brochures of participants in collective commercial prospecting actions); Data concerning personal characteristics: age, gender, date and place of birth, nationality, languages spoken; Financial data: credit card number, bank account number (only when financial aid is provided to companies organised into natural persons and, in some cases, for certain collective commercial prospecting actions); Professional data about studies and training: title/position, employer's name, curriculum vitae (especially for a work placement with AWEX, for participating in the Explort programme, or in order to meet the selection requirements provided for in certain AWEX public procurement contracts); Browsing data on our websites: IP addresses, dates and times of access to sites, type of browsers, pages consulted; Sensitive data: in general, AWEX does not use your sensitive personal data, such as data about your sexual orientation, your religious or political beliefs, your health, or your ethnic group. However, information about the eventual effects on your diet may be requested in the frame of public relation operations and collective commercial prospecting actions; Other types of data: dates and places of stay in the frame of individual and collective travel overseas (commercial prospecting actions, Explort programme, etc.).
4. PERSONAL DATA SOURCES AWEX may collect personal data from the following sources: Yourself: this is AWEX's main source of personal data collection; External partners: Walloon foreign trade operators, higher education establishments participating in the Explort programme, Wallonia-Brussels International, administrations and Walloon PIOs (if applicable); Sub-contractors: AWEX may receive certain personal data (contact details of company representatives) from service providers which they use in the frame of its foreign investment search mission; Sources accessible to the public: it is possible that, in some cases, AWEX collects this personal data from sources accessible to the pubic (websites of companies referencing its representatives' contact details, Belgian Crossroads Bank for Enterprises, etc.).
5. PURPOSES AND LEGAL BASES FOR THE PROCESSING OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
5.1. Authorised legal bases In this section, AWEX wishes to inform you about the purposes for which it processes your personal data and indicate the legal bases on which it relies for implementing this processing in accordance with the legislation in force. For each item of personal data that it processes, AWEX uses one or more legal bases authorised by the legislation in force (for information, these bases are listed in Article 6 of the GDPR). Thus, according to the context and purposes, AWEX will be required to collect and use your personal data (i) in order to carry out its public interest missions and/or (ii) in order to ensure the correct implementation of a contract that you signed with it and/or (iii) in order to comply with a legal obligation to which it is subject. It is also possible that AWEX bases itself on your consent for the processing of your personal data. In this case, AWEX undertakes not to use this data for any purpose other than that for which you gave your consent.
5.2. Purpose of the processing activities carried out by AWEX The Decree of 2 April 1998 creating the Walloon Export and Foreign Investment Agency (modified by the Decree of 1 April 2004) assigns several public interest missions to AWEX, which may be brought together according to the following three main areas: General support for Walloon export enterprises, or those interested in international development, also including the search for new users that do not yet use AWEX's services; Attraction of potential foreign investors (Greenfield mode and expansion) to the Walloon territory, and; In a general and cross-cutting manner, the development of the visibility and international recognition of Wallonia with regard to a foreign audience. It is in the frame of these three main missions that all the personal data processing at AWEX is carried out, if necessary, under joint responsibility with other public organisations or with the support of service providers or public or private sub-contracting institutions. Most of the personal data processing carried out by AWEX is necessary for providing the service(s) you have wanted to benefit from following a voluntary process by you. Under no circumstances does the personal data processing carried out by AWEX comprise a commercial dimension in the sense of the search or demand for financial compensation, or any form of participation fees for its prospecting actions. See the detailed table
6. SHARING OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA In addition to the specific cases of disclosure referred to in the previous section ("5.2. Purpose of processing implemented by AWEX"), AWEX may share your personal data with other recipients. The categories of potential recipients of your personal data are listed below.
6.2. AWEX partners AWEX may share your personal data with the partners (generally other public organisations) with which it works when performing its public interest missions, in particular for granting certain financial aids for international development or in the frame of the organisation of certain commercial prospecting actions.
6.4. Public authorities It is possible that AWEX is required to communicate some of your personal data in order to comply with a legal obligation that is imposed on it or in order to reply to requests from public authorities. For example, requests from judicial authorities (courts, police services, etc.), administrative jurisdictions (Auditors, Council of State), or even certain administrative authorities (Minister's cabinet, Walloon Digital Agency, CIF, etc.).
8.1 Right of access to your personal data You have the right to obtain information that your personal data is or is not being processed by AWEX. In the case that your personal data is being processed by AWEX, you have the right to obtain the following information: the purpose of processing, the categories of personal data concerned by processing, the recipients or the categories of recipients for this data, the retention period for the data, or the criteria which allows this period to be calculated, and the source of the data. Furthermore, you have the right to obtain a copy of your personal data on an electronic support, or, if you wish, on a paper support.
8.2. Right to rectification of your personal data You may ask for your personal data to be modified, corrected or deleted if you notice that it is incomplete, incorrect or inaccurate. If applicable, this correction will be sent to any processors and recipients of your personal data.
8.3. Right to erasure of your personal data ("right to be forgotten") In some cases, you have the right to request that your personal data be erased by AWEX. In all cases, this right may not be exercised and your request will be refused if the processing of your personal data is required for complying with a legal obligation or for exercising AWEX's public interest missions. However, if the processing of your personal data is based on your consent or on a contract that you have concluded with AWEX, you may request that your data be erased in the following cases: The data is no longer necessary with regard to the purposes for which it was collected or is processed in a different manner; You no longer consent to the processing of this data and processing is based on your consent; Your data is processed in an illicit manner. If applicable, this erasure request will be sent to any processors and recipients of your personal data.
8.4. Right to object to processing of your personal data When the processing of your personal data is based solely on the performance of one of AWEX's public interest missions, you have the right to object to this processing for reasons pertaining to your own specific situation. However, it is possible for AWEX to refuse your objection request by providing proof of the existence of legitimate or compelling reasons that justify the processing of your personal data. If applicable, this objection request will be sent to any processors and recipients of your personal data.
8.5. Right to withdraw your consent When the processing of your personal data is based solely on your consent, you have a right to withdraw it. This right is exercised without prejudice for AWEX to evoke other legal bases that justify and make the afore-mentioned processing necessary.
8.6. Right to restriction of processing You have the right to obtain the restriction of the processing of your personal data in the following cases: You contest the accuracy of your data; You have objected to the processing of your data; The processing of your data is illicit. If your request is founded, your personal data will be kept by AWEX but will no longer be used.
8.7. Right to the portability of your personal data Subject to the rights and freedoms of third parties, you have the right to receive the personal data that you provided to AWEX in a structured format that is easy to use and legible by machine, and to request that it be sent to another processing manager, when: processing is based on consent or on a contract and; processing is carried out via automated processes. Note that your request may be refused by AWEX if the processing of your personal data is required for the performance of one of its public interest missions. 8.8. Right to not be subject to a decision founded solely on automated processing You have the right to not be subject to a decision founded solely on automated processing, including profiling, producing legal effects that concern you or affect you significantly in a similar way. In other terms, you have the right to request a human intervention in the processing of your personal data. AWEX undertakes to ensure that you are never subject to a decision founded solely on automated processing, including profiling, producing legal effects that concern you or affect you significantly in a similar way.
10. RETENTION PERIOD FOR YOUR PERSONAL DATA In general, AWEX keeps your personal data for as long as necessary for the purpose of the processing for which it was collected, as well as in order to comply with the legal retention periods imposed on it. When your personal data is no longer of use to AWEX, it will be destroyed.
11. COMPLAINTS AND CONTACT DETAILS OF THE SUPERVISORY AUTHORITY In the case of a decision of the Data Protection Officer being contested or for any other disagreements concerning the processing of your personal data, you have the right to send a complaint free of charge to the competent supervisory authority, the contact details of which are as follows: DATA PROTECTION AUTHORITY Rue de la Presse, 35, 1000 Brussels Telephone: +32 (0)2 274 48 00 Fax: +32 (0)2 274 48 35 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Website: www.privacycommission.be